Yesterday was a relatively quiet day for the Yankees in terms of trade rumors, with just a few notes.
First on the Joakim Soria front, we see that Soria’s contract has the Yankees listed as a team to which he would reject a trade. Before learning this, I’d say the chances of a deal getting done were pretty low and this makes those chances essentially non-existent. Soria would look nice setting up for Mariano Rivera, but for now it looks to be a pipe dream.
The next piece is much more interesting. It tells us that the Phillies were going to try to move Jayson Werth to the Yankees in a three team deal for Dan Haren. Of course, Verducci makes a more or less glancing pass at this notion. Still, it would’ve been interesting to see what kind of deal would have been worked out to get Werth in Pinstripes. That’s a deal, though, I don’t see the Yankees making unless another outfielder gets shipped off somewhere else as well. If they’re going to continue to use Jorge Posada as a relatively frequent DH, then there’s no point in having a rotating DH/OF situation. After examining this “rumor,” I think Verducci was just tossing the Yankees’ name out there to stir the pot.
Lastly, we have the interest that just won’t die. Fox Sports has the Yankees as still maintaining interest in Adam Dunn. Unless the price comes down wildly, it’s not going to happen. Obviously, the Yankees are likely just doing their diligence on Dunn, but it’s nothing more than white noise at this point.
Trade pieces we should monitor over the next few days:
–The price on Scott Downs
–If anyone expresses any interest in Chan Ho Park
–If anyone expresses any interest in Joba Chamberlain
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees