In Tuesday night’s ugly 10-2 loss to the Angels, there were some bright spots. Well, they were dim at the time, but looking back, they’re bright.
Those spots were the poor performances of Chad Gaudin and Chan Ho Park. Yes, that’s oxymoronic, but indulge me for a second.
Tuesday night, they combined for 2.1 innings, giving up 3 runs on 3 hits (1 HR), and 2 walks. Why is this good? Because it should signal the end for these two. They’ve shown nothing special at all in 2010 and there are at least two other guys who need to be on the Major League roster in the stead of these two. I’ve talked about them a lot recently, but Romulo Sanchez and Ivan Nova need to get their extended shots.
Both pitchers could provide depth out of the Yankee bullpen and the latter could take over should (when?) Sergio Mitre falter in replacing Pettitte. But, back to Park and Gaudin…
Gaudin was let go after Spring Training, much to my chagrin. And I was glad when the Yankees brought him back earlier this year. Park was a low-risk, medium reward bullpen move about which I was pretty ambivalent. Neither move has worked out and it’s time for the Yankees to cut and run like they did with Randy Winn earlier in the year.
While it’s true that neither one is going to get important innings, there’s no reason to keep them around as dead weight. It’s also easy for me to say this since it’s not my money being eaten if these guys let go, but the salary hits are ones the Yankees should be able to take with ease.
If nothing else, Sanchez and Nova have some upside left and if they screw up badly, they can be easily replaced due to their options and their very low salaries. Bottom line: I hope that these guys aren’t on the Yankees much longer.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees