Let’s dive right in…
The three are, obviously, Jesus Montero (5), Austin Romine (15), and Gary Sanchez (25). It’s good to see people are still hot for El Carpentiero despite his slow start at AAA, though he’s heating up. It’s also good to see Romine starting to get more recognition. The dude’s been beasting at AA all season. And while I’m encouraged to see Sanchez on this list, it’s probably too soon to rank him this highly. It’s worth noting, though, that he’s been crushing the ball in the Gulf Coast League.
This makes sense as Moseley could’ve walked if not called up. If his audition doesn’t go well, I guess we’ll see Romulo Sanchez back up in the Majors, or perhaps Jason Hirsh could make his pinstriped debut.
With Moseley’s promotion comes another: David Phelps has been bumped up to Scranton
Phelps has thus far flown under the radar, but he’s done nothing but put up good numbers in his three seasons in the system. If he continues to put up good numbers while in Scranton, perhaps he could get a cup of coffee in September and maybe compete for a roster spot in next year’s Spring Training.
Rob at Bronx Baseball Daily wonders if the Yankees should call up Jesus Montero in light of Francisco Cervelli’s struggles
I’m gonna disagree with my former blog-mate here. Montero’s just starting to get into a groove in Scranton and there’s no need to mess with it now. Rushing prospects is not a good plan and when a guy’s got a ceiling like Montero’s, it’s better to exercise a lot of patience.
Elijah Dukes signed with the Newark Bears
This is too bad. Most of us here (at least Moshe and I, I think) wanted the Yankees to take a flier on this guy. Too bad. Good luck in Newark, Elijah.
That’s it for now, folks. I’ll be at the Stadium on Sunday in Section 208; everyone have a safe and fun holiday weekend!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees