To borrow a phrase from Larry, the thinkable happened. The Yankees lost back-to-back games against Cliff Lee and Felix Hernandez. The only thing that may have been unthinkable heading into this series was just how badly the Yankees would lose. I would have penciled Lee and King Felix in for 7.2 innings a piece. Those overachievers managed back-to-back complete games against the best team in baseball, something that hasn’t happened since 2000, according to YES.
This one was ugly, so I’ll keep it brief. Hernandez was as good as advertised. He went the distance, striking out 11 and walking only 2. Michael Kay beat this point into the ground, but he came close to one-hitting the Yankees. Fortunately, Chone Figgins is bad at baseball and lost a routine pop up off Colin Curtis‘ bat in the lights. After eking out 4 runs against Lee yesterday the Bombers were shutout this time.
With any luck, CC Sabathia can make short work of the M’s tomorrow, and right the Yankee ship. The Mariners will turn back into the Mariners in the day game, sending the abysmal Ryan Rowland-Smith to the mound. Let’s hope that happens and the offense uses the extra time to look at video of the past 2 games because the team will draw Lee and Hernandez again next week in Seattle.
The only good news to come out of tonight is that the Rays beat the Red Sox, keeping the Yankees one game up in the division.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees