As you may have already heard, Fangraphs is hosting a live event in New York City on August 7th about “the changing face of baseball media”. Jonah Keri is scheduled to moderate the panel. It will include former Deadspin editor Will Leitch, Michael Silverman, Alex Speier and David Biderman, all of whom have different, unique roles in the world of baseball media. On the stat/nerd/awesome side, plenty of Fangraphs guys are going to attend, including David Cameron (the #6 org guy, not the British PM), David Appelman, Carson Cistulli and Bryan Smith. The RiverAveBlues guys are going to be there too, so the Yankees’ blogosphere will be well-represented.
The event is scheduled to last from 9 am to 12 pm and the cost of entry is $15. It’s being held in the Florence Gould Hall, which you can check out here. Frankly, I’m surprised they’re letting a bunch of basement-dwellers like us in. All joking aside, this promises to be a very interesting and informative conversation about the way that baseball is understood, discussed and reported. Personally, I think it would be fun to meet and talk to some of the guys I feel like I already know from the internet. I’m not certain that I’m going to be able to make it, but I’m going to make every effort to attend and I’d encourage you to as well. You can buy tickets here, and please let me know if you are planning on attending.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees