In advance of tonight’s All-Star Game, I thought I’d take a look at how the Yankee representatives–Derek Jeter, Robinson Cano, Andy Pettitte, Nick Swisher, CC Sabathia, Mariano Rivera, Alex Rodriguez, and Phil Hughes–have done in their All-Star Game performances.
Of course, this is the first game for Hughes and Swisher, so they don’t have any numbers to contribute. I wish them well and for many more All-Star appearances in the future.
Alex Rodriguez: In 27 ASPAs across 12 games, Rodriguez has hit an “meh” .269/.296/.462 with one home run (back in 1998) and just two RBI (one on that homer and one in 2004). He’s also got a 1/10 BB/K.
Derek Jeter: Jeter was the ASG MVP in 2000 and has generally had a strong All-Star “career.” In 22 plate appearances in 10 games, Jeter has raked to the tune of .429/.455/.619/1.074.
Robinson Cano: Didn’t play in the 2006 All-Star Game–he missed all of July with an injury–so when he starts for the A.L. tonight (batting eighth–the 7-8-9 for the AL is Mauer/Cano/Crawford…wow).
Andy Pettitte: This is Andy’s third All-Star team–1996 and 2001–and he only pitched in the 2001 game. He faced four batters, giving up one hit and striking out one.
CC Sabathia: CC made the team in ’03, ’04, and ’07. 2004 was a disaster: 1.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER. Yikes. 2007 was better as CC pitched one inning, giving up just one hit.
Mariano Rivera: Honestly, what are you expecting here? In ten games (eight pitched), he hasn’t surrendered a run and he’s given up just five hits, hasn’t walked a batter, and has struck out five. This just in: Mo’s really good at pitching.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees