This one was closer than the score makes it look. Javier Vazquez came out on fire. He got through 4 scoreless innings on only 37 pitches. Then, it all fell apart. He gave up 3 runs in the 5th and then 2 more in the 6th, including a 2 run blast to
Via Marc Craig, we get the following quote from Yankee GM Brian Cashman:
“Right now, there’s just a lot of things that aren’t plentiful,” he said. “I’ll make my phone calls and if they lead to something, great. But right now, it’s dead out there for us.”
This pretty much telegraphs what we’ve [...]
“The lie is that it’s one or the other” – Forever Overhead, David Foster Wallace.
Phil Hughes struggled last night against the Angels, going only 5 innings and giving up 9 hits, walking 3 and striking out 2. His strikeout total matched a season-low mark that he set earlier this year in Baltimore. Hughes has [...]
When driving home from work today, I threw on the radio as I usually do (damn you, lost iPod!) while driving and tuned into WFAN and Joe Beningo. The first bit I heard was the tail end of some discussion he was having with himself (I assume) about Carlos Beltran which then flowed into a [...]
RAB ran a post Tuesday highlighting all of Alex Rodriguez’s under appreciated achievements. The post is worth the read, but it ignored a major achievement Alex is pursuing that gets overlooked more than any of his other accomplishments.
Most of the talk about A-Rod and the record books focuses on his pursuit of [...]
This one was ugly. On the first night when the Yankees needed players to step up they saw 4 different pitchers give up runs. Phil Hughes was not sharp. He lasted only 5 innings, gave up 6 runs, and 2 home runs. Jonathan Albaladejo made his first appearance of the year, and [...]
I’d love to trade for Joakim Soria as much as the next guy. He’s one of the few Closers in Baseball that reminds me of The Great Mariano. Slight build, misses bats (10.10 SO/9) has good control (2.53 BB/9) and is cool as ice out there. Fastball sits around 89-94 mph and [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees