Joel Sherman, who originally reported the Cliff Lee for Jesus Montero, David Adams, and Zach McAllister deal, is now reporting that the deal may be off. Via Sherman’s Twitter (at 3:44)
I, along with the other guys here, made predictions about the standings and awards for the 2010 season. Halfway through the year (technically a little more), I’d like to check in on those predictions. For another post, I’m going to look back at the “Player to Watch” predictions I made from each division.
Thanks to Joel Sherman, New York fans have now gone from a hyped-up, overwraught LeBronathon to the possibility that the Yankees will deal their best prospect for Cliff Lee. There’s no rest for the weary, especially in the City That Never Sleeps. Here’s a roundup of rumors and reactions around the interwebs and Twitters:
Larry and I agreed that we needed something on LeBron James’ “The Decision,” the worst reality TV show ever. That responsibility fell to me. Writers block followed. I loved the Knicks and the NBA when I was a teenager. More recently I’ve described myself as a die-hard Knicks fan who was dying hard. [...]
Via Bryan Hoch’s Twitter, (again H/T RAB, Nick Johnson has suffered a setback in his wrist surgery rehab. This likely shoots any hope that OBP Jesus will return this season and leaves the Yankees looking for a full time DH option. They could continue to use Jorge Posada as a DH with [...]
Joel Sherman is reporting that the Yankees are on the brink of obtaining Cliff Lee from the Mariners. I hate Joel Sherman with the burning fire of 1,000 suns (that is in no way pertinent to this story, but I felt it needed to be said).
If this is true, this means [...]
The Yankees picked up an exciting come-from-behind victory in the first of four against Seattle, beating the Mariners 3-1.
The title says it all, here’s the story from Joel Sherman:
The Knicks didn’t get LeBron James, but the Yankees were on the brink of obtaining Cliff Lee late last night for a package that would include top prospect Jesus Montero, the Post has learned.
Yankees GM [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees