This is something I’ll be adding to my other regular feature “Keeping up with the ex-Yanks”. Many Yankee stories get covered to death, but then there are others seem to fly under the radar. Anything that could impact the Yanks, from rumblings in the trade market to a hot prospect in the minors will be covered here, bullet point style.
-Andrew Brackman has put himself back on the prospect map. After a horrendous season last year and rough start this year, he’s finally putting things together. He’s throwing strikes (7 BB in 55 IP) and his velocity is back up after being down last year.
-Since coming back from elbow surgery, Dellin Betances has been dealin’. He’s pitched twice, allowing 1 Run and walking only 1 while striking out 13 in 12.0 IP. He’s had stretches like this before (2nd half of 2008) only to fall back again, although we later learned his elbow was hurting. If he and Brackman can keep it up, will we finally have the ‘Twin Towers’ we all drooled over? Stay tuned.
-Francisco Cervelli has continued to be good in clutch spots for the Yanks. He had a 2-run single last night and is 6-8 on the season with the Bases loaded. While his RISP numbers (.447) are bound to regress, a slap hitter like him figures to do well when infielders are holding runners on base. So you have to like his chances in those situations.
-Peter Gammons is reporting that Arizona plans to have a fire sale this trade deadline where they’ll shave about 25 mil off payroll (h/t NYBD). The Yanks don’t want anyone from that bullpen, which is the worst in Baseball, but some of their other players could be fits for the Sox or Rays. Haren is on Minnesota’s wish list as well.
-Jon Albaladejo has been destroying AAA. He’s reinvented himself, featuring a 4-seamer that he goes up the ladder with and a knee bucking curve. But the Yanks don’t seem overly impressed, opting to call up Boone Logan yesterday instead of Alby or Royce Ring.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees