On Friday, Pat Andriola published a very common sense-driven piece on Fangraphs enttled “Who You Face Matters“. While the article title probably deserves a sic (isn’t it Whom? any grammarians out there?), it provided a very logical argument that it’s important to consider the quality of opposition faced when evaluating HR/FB%, and by extension [...]
With the the July 2nd deadline to sign International Free Agents fast approaching, here’s a quick update on who the Yanks are targeting. From the NY Post:
“It’s a very down year talent wise,” a baseball official said. “There are teams that are going to overpay to pay the better players who [...]
CC Sabathia continued his marvelous June run, throwing eight innings of one-run, seven-strikeout ball (lowering his ERA to 3.49); Alex Rodriguez drove in both Yankee runs — including a booming go-ahead solo home run that would prove to be the game-winner; and Mariano Rivera struck out the [...]
A few days ago, I asked the question as to what team you’d root for if not for the Yankees. My memory of this was jogged last night when “Captain Jack” made this comment in RAB’s Open Thread. If you don’t feel like clicking through, Jack listed his most-hated team and his favorite-non-Yankee team. [...]
The evolution of Phil Hughes as a pitcher has taken a major step forward thus far in 2010, as he has quickly established himself as a legitimate top of the rotation starter. One of the changes evident in his approach relative to his previous forays in the rotation is his willingness to attack hitters. Phil [...]
Yankee fans everywhere (Larry and myself included) have paid a lot of attention to Alex Rodriguez‘s and Mark Teixeira‘s lack of power in 2010. A-Rod has less than 10 homers on the season so far, and Brett Gardner is out-slugging Tex. Their struggles deserve attention. What hasn’t gotten as much [...]
Alex Rodriguez said something odd the other day (shocking, I know). He said that he’s not a home run hitter:
“I’ve hit a lot of home runs,” Rodriguez said. “The one thing I do worry about is if you’re not making solid contact and if you’re not driving runners in. The columns I [...]
Despite a long and storied history between the New York Yankees (45-27, 1st in AL East) and Brooklyn Los Angeles Dodgers (39-33, 3rd in NL West, 3 GB), the two teams really haven’t had much interaction since I started paying attention to baseball in the late ’80s. They last met [...]
For the several week period while I was out of the country, a lot of exciting things have happened. The draft obviously tops the list, as the Yankees look to have taken a new direction by taking more high-ceiling athletic high school players than they have in past years, including Cito Culver, Angelo Gumbs, and [...]
I’ve written about this sort of thing before and it’s, again, rearing its ugly head.
The Reds may use Aroldis Chapman as a reliever.
The article doesn’t say anything about this being a permanent move, but the fact that they’re even thinking about it is disheartening. Frankly, that last line scares me. You [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees