The dominant return of Dellin Betances to the prospect map has understandably attracted significant buzz, but in this post, I am going to write about of the performances of a few Yankee pitching prospects that have gone under the radar.
Phelps, a 14th-round pick out of Notre Dame in 2008, has put up [...]
After stumbling out of the gate to a 4-9 start, the Red Sox (46-31) have turned their season around and are right in the thick of the AL East hunt, two games behind the first-place Yankees (47-28), exactly where we all should have expected them to be.
That the Red [...]
Last night Garrett Anderson and Russell Martin managed to get themselves ejected after arguing with home plate umpire Chris Guccione over balls and strikes. They were both unhappy with the size of the strike zone Guccione was granting Rivera and made their displeasure clear. This begs an obvious question: did they have a legitimate complaint, [...]
I’m not embarrassed to admit that I had thrown the towel in on this game once the Yankees fell behind 5-0. Prior to last night the biggest deficit the team had overcome was three runs. In fact, I even started drafting my game recap while the game was still underway, [...]
Yankee fans have long had issues with Joe Torre’s bullpen management. Not trusting anyone other than his Closer, using his primary set up guys in games where he has a big lead. It’s as if he has no concept of leverage, or he manages scared. Maybe a little of both. Last night [...]
Man, how exciting were the last two innings of tonight’s game? In the top of the 9th, it seemed as if the Yankees turned on their “scrappy” (I despise the overuse of this term, but it seems appropriate here) switch, grinding out long at-bats against Jonathan Broxton, one of the top closers in the game. [...]
Let’s get this out of the way: Clayton Kershaw is my favorite pitcher. I can’t help it. I wish he was a Yankee, but I’m not going to let geographical and league rivalries declare me from proclaiming my unmitigated admiration for Kershaw. He’s the man.
The Dodgers drafted Clayton Kershaw out of [...]
Every Yankee fan is familiar with the “Good” and “Bad” A.J. Burnett meme. Unfortunately for the Yankees, “Good A.J.” has been on the side of a milk carton for nearly two months now. We’re used to stretches of ineffectiveness from Burnett, but this is getting ridiculous. He’s not even [...]
On the heels of all the news reports about the Yanks’ reunion (of sorts) with Joe Torre, I wanted to make an attempt to put Torre’s bitter divorce in some context. While the Torre situation certainly seemed unique at the time, the fact of the matter is that many great Yankee players [...]
It’s been 2 weeks since my last update, so it’s time to take this baby out for another spin. At this point of the year (mid-season) most of the numbers are a big enough sample that we should have a good idea of where these guys are and what they’ll produce. Arodys [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees