A few days ago, I asked the question as to what team you’d root for if not for the Yankees. My memory of this was jogged last night when “Captain Jack” made this comment in RAB’s Open Thread. If you don’t feel like clicking through, Jack listed his most-hated team and his favorite-non-Yankee team. I figured I’d do the same and take it a bit farther and make a lineup out of it. Anyway, let’s name the players first.
C–Joe Mauer…This one’s obvious. He’s awesome at baseball and I truly enjoy rooting for him. Plus, some people say we kind of look a like.
1B–Joey Votto…Another one I enjoy rooting for, Votto is massively underrated and is really mashing this season. He’s currently got a .415 wOBA and is second in NL 1B WAR (3.0) to San Diego’s Adrian Gonzalez (3.5).
2B–Chase Utley…Yeah, he looks greasy and I don’t really care for the Phillies much, but Utley’s the best second baseman in the game (Cano’s gaining on him) and I’ve always liked him.
3B–Evan Longoria…It’s hard to think of anything this guy does poorly on the field. Like the others, he’s just fun to watch.
SS–Hanley Ramirez…He’s Hanley. What more is there to say? Troy Tulowitzki was a close second.
LF–Carl Crawford…Watching him get to every damn ball out in left is enthralling.
CF–Austin Jackson…He was the first prospect I really followed through the minors and though he’s been scuffling of late, I’m rooting for him.
RF–Shin Soo Choo…I think he’s the most underrated player in baseball.
DH–Adam Dunn…Lot’s of homers? Check. Lot’s of walks? Check. Lot’s of love from Matt? Check…just don’t let him put on a glove.
SP–Tim Lincecum…We have the same birthday. Score.
SP–Cole Hamels…Man crush since ’06
SP–Dan Haren…Super underrated because of Brandon Webb
SP–Josh Johnson…He may not be forty, but he’s a man out there.
SP–Ian Kennedy…Another “homer” pick, I always check up on how he’s doing.
I’ll be lazy and still Captain Jack’s list of relievers (Jonathan Broxton, Carlos Marmol, Manny Corpas, and Chad Qualls) because, honestly, I see no relievers but Mariano. Onto the lineup…
This lineup would straight up maul right handed pitching. So, who would you guys put in your favorite non-Yankee lineup?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees