Hey, how about a piece on Seattle’s Cliff Lee?
Via Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated:
The Yankees look like a favorite to sign Lee in the winter considering: 1) their vast wealth, 2) the potential loss of free agent Javier Vazquez and possibly Pettitte from the rotation, 3) their general admiration for Lee and [...]
Long time readers know that I regularly spend my summers deep in the woods. I won’t be near a computer, and won’t be able to blog. I love blogging about as much as anything I do, but I definitely enjoy being unwired for [...]
The Yankees’ uninspired play in Arizona last night reminded me of Interleague 2007, when everyone was up in arms over the Yanks getting their rear ends handed to them by the then-mediocre Colorado Rockies and San Francisco Giants. This subsequently made me wonder how the Yankees have fared during the last few years at [...]
With the addition of Colin Curtis to the bench yesterday, four fifths of the Yankee bench is completely homegrown and developed by the organization. This strategy of a homegrown bench speaks well about the Yankees’ development of talent.
While it’s true that the Yankees haven’t had much high-end talent in terms of position players [...]
From Chad Jennings:
No, Hughes doesn’t know exactly how many innings he’s allowed to throw this season. He hasn’t asked. The only thing he asked when the Yankees told him his turn was being skipped this week was whether he’d have to miss another start before the all-star break. The Yankees assured him that, [...]
Coming into my birth month, Nick Swisher was hitting .317/.397/.563/.960. His numbers now, not including last night’s game, are .293/.377/.502/.879.
Now, if Nick Swisher ended the yea with that line, I’d be absolutely ecstatic, but his drop off to this point is pretty dramatic. What happened? Well, June happened.
Swish has hit just .236/.333/.361/.694 in [...]
A.J. Burnett was horrendous for the second straight outing, digging the Yankees a 5-0 hole in the bottom of the 1st inning against the Arizona Diamondbacks en route to a 10-4 loss. After quickly retiring the first two batters he faced, Burnett gave up six(!) straight hits including [...]
Joel Sherman has a new piece in his Hardball Blog where he discusses Mariano Rivera’s pending free agency with the Great One himself. Here’s what was said:
When I asked Rivera what he wanted, the great righty said, “During the season it is hard to focus on the contract. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees