Over at the beloved ESPN New York, writer Andrew Marchand ponders Derek Jeter’s defense on the season, and, related to that, his future with the Yankees. Essentially, Marchand views Jeter’s defense through a fairly negative lens – he has had a few issues going to his left, but his defense, on the whole, has [...]
Tonight, we’ll likely see the return of Jorge Posada to the Yankee lineup and even with the return of Curtis Granderson, this is a very welcome addition. Like it became when Granderson returned, the lineup will be even further lengthened when Posada is penciled in tomorrow night.
The nice thing is that Jorge will likely [...]
The following is a guest post from huge Yankee fan and friend of Yankeeist Eric Mollo. Mollo previously bantered with me last October about whether it made sense for Joe Girardi to keep starting Jose Molina in the playoffs.
Hold your horses. I will be the [...]
The Orioles sit at 15-37 on the season – easily the worst record in baseball. A season that was supposed to be a stepping-stone to contention – and possibly even a chance to crack .500 [...]
The other day, Steve wondered what the Yankees’ next move for Joba Chamberlain will be. He left it open-ended and there was a wide variety of responses in the comments section. I was away for the holiday weekend, so I was unable to respond. Consider this my extended response.
The first thing that [...]
In April 2009, when Robinson Cano hit .366/.400/.581, I developed a theory about his plate discipline. Even though his IsoD was a paltry .034, I believed that Cano was swinging at better pitches. My theory was that Robbie is so good at bringing the bat to the ball that increased plate discipline wouldn’t [...]
The Yankees beat Baltimore 3-1 behind seven innings (including seven strikeouts) of one-run ball by the ever-enigmatic Javier Vazquez. Granted, Vazquez took care of business against the team with the second-lowest wOBA in the American League, but a quality start’s still a quality start.
The Yankees only scored [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees