The level of disgust in Yanklee land directed at Joba Chamberlain is palpable these days. Bill Madden referred to yesterday’s outing as “Comic relief”. The NY Post has a new nickname for Joba, calling him ‘Chamber-Lame’. Even his (always measured with the media) manager Joe Girardi effectively laid down the [...]
I missed this game, due to a matinee of “American Idiot” — which marked the first time in history I knew the words to every single song in a Broadway musical — and a second consecutive Saturday dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. Given my lifelong love of [...]
Is this what it looks like when a pitcher tries to pitch hurt? There are five things about Javier Vazquez that make me nervous.
1. Loss of command
Courtesy of Fangraphs, we see the following:
In his 13 year career, Javier Vazquez has averaged 2.38 walks per nine innings. Prior to this year, his [...]
Didn’t see any of this one due to a beautiful early evening spent on the Great Lawn playing catch and drinking wine, followed by a trip to Shake Shack in honor of National Hamburger Day. Thankfully the Yankees did what they were supposed to do and ripped [...]
Tom Tango makes an interesting point in a post over at The Book Blog:
Twins’ bullpen is first in MLB in Situational Wins (WPA/LI), and 4th in MLB in WPA. They are 5th in ERA and 10th in FIP.
This is just like your buddy coming back from Vegas, and only telling you about [...]
Last night, Robinson Cano got two more hits and two more runs batted in. That’s what Robbie does. He’s now got 63 hits on the season and 30 runs batted in. As the five hitter behind Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira, that’s awesome. There is, however, something Robinson Cano still doesn’t do: take walks.
“Well Suzyn, you know, you just can’t predict baseball”
As Yankee fans, how many times have we heard John Sterling utter those words?
They’ve become something of a mantra, something to repeat any time something odd happens, like when Daisuke Matsuzaka takes a no-hitter into the eighth or when Mariano Rivera gives up a grand [...]
Since leaving Detroit (not including lats night’s game), he’s got a .304/.339/.429/.768 line. Granted that’s not great and not what we’re used to from Derek, but it’s [...]
So the Yankees take on the cellar-dwelling Indians at home for a four-game Memorial Weekend extravaganza, playing a significantly inferior team for the first time in nearly a month, when they swept the Orioles from May 3rd through 5th. Sure, one could make the argument that the Mets fell into [...]
The Yankees dropped the final game of three to the Twins 8-2 in what can only be characterized as a poor effort all around. Javier Vazquez was terrible, allowing five runs in 5 2/3 innings. To their (slight) credit, the slumbering Yankee offense shrunk the gap to only two [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees