When Nick Johnson signed with the Yanks this past off season, much was made about his keen batting eye and his robust .424 On-Base% from last year. Much was also made about the fact that he’s always hurt, and how much time he’s missed since becoming a MLB ‘regular’. Just to have a little fun, I wanted to calculate a new stat for Nick called ‘On-DL%’ which will compare how many games he was available to play in, and how many he actually did by dividing his number of games played by the total played by his team. This won’t be precise, it may include days off that all starting players will get, but we’ll just assume something was hurting Nick those days. I will include his minor league games in 2001 and 2002, since that was the beginning of his MLB career. But I’m not including minor league rehab games after that, because he was still lost to his MLB club at that time. Here goes:
Total Games played by Johnson 2001-2010-907
Total Games played by MLB club-1492
Amazingly enough, his .392 On-DL% is almost identical to his career .401 OBP, displaying remarkable consistency across every facet of his game. Perhaps by year’s end he can get both to line up perfectly. He’s well on his way.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees