-If CC wins 19 games this year, everyone will point back to yesterday’s game where he was one pitch away from qualifying for a win. The ‘you’ve got to be kidding me” look on CC’s face said it all, and he’s not usually one to show up an umpire. We also got a taste of how getting into the tit-for-tat retaliation can backfire on you when CC drilled Pedrioa and V-Mart followed it with a 2-Run HR. Beanball wars are a sideshow, the best way to retaliate is to win the game, period. That being said, there is something to be said for clubhouse unity and guys who care enough to stick up for each other. Nick Swisher put that best after yesterday’s game. He said:
“It’s not even the point whether it was intentional or not,” Nick Swisher said yesterday. “The point is that we’ve got each other’s backs, and we’re going to let you know about it.”
-Thankfully Alfredo Aceves’ injury appears to be minor. He simply had some back spasms, which he’s had on and off since last September. Having dealt with lower back issues myself, he should be fine with a few days of rest and treatment. The Yanks appear to have had a rash of injuries, but only Granderson and Johnson appear to be long term. Credit goes the Yankee organization and coaching staff for being as proactive and conservative as they are with injuries. We’ve seen other organizations in recent years tell players to ‘rub some dirt in it’ and rush players back, to disastrous results.
-Tex is officially out of his April slump. He already has more Hits, RBIs and Home Runs on May 9th than he had for the entire month of April. Alex seems to be coming around as well, which is timley because we have a few players who are playing WAY over their heads right now and due for big regressions. Cervelli (.429 BA/.500 OBP) Gardner (.348/.431) and Marcus Thames (.433/.500) immediately come to mind, and the Yankee 1-4 Starters won’t have a combined 2.06 ERA by season’s end. I’ll have a more detailed post going up on this in the coming days.
-Last and certainly not least, a very Happy Mother’s Day to all of our readers who are Moms.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees