First off, I want to thank everyone who commented, both positively and negatively on yesterday’s article. I really appreciate your insights.
Moving on, I know that such a system is not perfect, since it has many limitations: A 5 inning, 5 walk, 4 hit, somehow-no-runs, 100 pitches performance looks the same as a perfect game. Conversely, a one inning disaster, think Johan vs. the Phillies, can sway performance wildly. Basically, all segments of 100 pitches are not created equally.
Still, I want to take a look at it over a whole season, because I’m curious as to whom it will overrate, underrate, and get right. I’ll compare the Runs per 100 Pitches number to the pitcher’s ERA/FIP/tRA and see if it comes close to any of those, though I doubt it will come close to the latter two. After all, I’m not accounting for hit type or weighing anything differently. Let’s see what happens when I apply this pseudo-stat to the 2009 Yankee starters. I have a feeling it’s definitely going to overrate the pitchers.
Joba Chamberlain (not including relief outing):
Alright, what’ve we got? Well, we’ve got something really, really stupid. My first attempt at stat making? Epic Fail.
I thought this would be something worth trying, considering the importance of the 100 pitch mark in today’s game and lack of nine inning performances by starters, but it was not to be. Live and learn, right? I think I’ll leave the stat-making up to the big guys from now on.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees