[image title="80322904MH093_Baltimore_Ori" size="full" id="17346" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Marc Carig chimes in with news on the injury front:
Catcher Jorge Posada has a mild strain of his right calf and is day-to-day. The Yankees haven’t made a roster move but Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Posada’s status would help shape their decision. With 13 pitchers on the pitching staff, the Yankees could send an arm down to call up an outfielder, or another catcher….
Closer Mariano Rivera has stiffness in his left side and has been unavailable since Saturday, which is why Joba Chamberlain worked the ninth and picked up the save on Monday against the Orioles. Rivera, who played down his injury, said he plans to throw off a mound today…..
Third baseman Alex Rodriguez experienced cramping in his right leg. And though it caused a bit of a stir on Sunday, when he was held from the lineup, it didn’t seem to be an issue on Monday when Rodriguez started.
A-Rod has already returned, and it sounds like Posada and Mariano could be back in action as soon as Friday. That said, these minor injuries tend to highlight the precarious nature of a baseball season, particularly when discussing a team depending on a number of older players. While the Yankees have enough talent to weather the loss of one or even two of these players, a rash of injuries to a handful of key veterans could torpedo their chances at taking the division. The Yankees were fairly fortunate in 2009 in terms of health, and that luck was certainly a factor in helping them run away with the division. Hopefully, this good fortune continues, and guys like Mariano, Posada, and Andy Pettitte can help the Yankees contend for a division title again in 2010.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees