Brian Cashman gave us the update we’ve all been waiting for yesterday. He said that a trip to the DL is not being considered, and it looks like one start and some anti-inflammatories for Andy. Here’s the quotes via Chad Jennings of LoHud:
“Right now the DL is not something that’s being considered,” general manager Brian Cashman said this afternoon.
Pettitte left last night’s game after 77 pitches and went for an MRI that showed only mild inflammation.
“The MRI came back negative other than some inflammation,” Cashman said. “And they’re going to address that conservatively with some anti-inflammatories. Hopefully that nips that in the bud.”
Cashman said no decision has been made about Pettitte’s next start, and a decision won’t be made until Cashman meets with Joe Girardi and Dave Eiland tomorrow. Cashman has his preference, but said he wants to hear from his manager, coaches and medical staff.
“We’ll gather all the troops tomorrow and we’ll make a decision on his next start,” Cashman said. “I’m inclined personally to have him skip his next start.”
Andy Pettitte’s left elbow has taken a turn for the better, but general manager Brian Cashman is in favor of him skipping his next scheduled start for the Yankees when they play Tuesday night in Detroit.
So there you have it. The appears to be fairly minor and it looks like he will make his next start after Detroit, which is scheduled to be on May 15th against Minnesota.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
- Multitech-Info.Com.pl on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- adult toys for women glass on Ladies and Gents, we now have a formula for winning in October
- monster beats tour on Midseason Prospect Rankings
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees