Since the Yankees re-signed Chad Gaudin yesterday, there had to be some sort of “casualty” on the Yankee roster. It turned out that Shane Lindsay was Designated for Assignment and Boone Logan was sent packing to Scranton. I think this is something just about everyone in the Yankee blogosphere is happy about.
The lefty’s first stint (and hopefully only stint for a long time) in Pinstripes wasn’t 2009-Wangian, but it was frustrating nonetheless. While Logan flashed some good velocity–average fastball of 93 MPH–that was the only real positive.
Starting from the top, Logan’s got a 5.06 ERA with a 5.17 FIP and 5.23 xFIP as well as a 6.45 (60+) tRA. That’s just all sorts of bad right there.
Then, there’s the control issue. In 10.2 innings, Logan walked 7 (5.91/9 innings) while striking out only 6 (5.06 K/9) leading to a K/BB of 0.86. Any time you’ve got a K/BB of less than one, you’ve done something very wrong.
As the second lefty out of the bullpen, Logan’s primary job was to get lefties out. He didn’t do that. At all. His line against lefties reads: .357/.526/.500/1.026 with five walks and three strikeouts. LOOGY fail.
Perhaps we’re being too hard on Boone, as he was just the second lefty out of the bullpen, but I’m definitely glad to see him go. It seemed as if he was around just for the sake of having another lefty, and that’s not really a good strategy. I am, however, looking forward to Chad Gaudin’s second go ’round with the Yankees.
His 8.83 ERA and 5.94 FIP look really bad, but it’s worth noting that his xFIP is 3.92. I don’t think he’ll be giving up 2.60 HR/9 all season. If and when that number comes down, so will the others.
So, in summary: welcome back to the Bombers, Chad; enjoy scenic Scranton.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees