Going into last night’s game, the Yankees led the Major Leagues in wOBA with an impressive .365 mark. That’s ten points above the closest competitor, the Milwaukee Brewers (.355). The Yankees also lead the league in FanGraphs WAR at 10.6, mostly due to their 50 batting runs.
Speaking of WAR, Baseball Reference has added [...]
Yesterday I looked at Wade Davis and concluded, inter alia, that he was due to hit a rough patch. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen last night and it was Burnett who suffered at the hands of the Rays. Davis and his Garland-esque ERA-FIP discrepancy will face the music later, I suppose.
So far, I’ve looked at some guys who are really potentially top-notch prospects. Today, I look at Brandon Laird, whose ceiling isn’t nearly as high. Still, he could be a useful player, and is making his case early in 2010. His statistics:
Year Age Tm Lg Lev G PA AB R H 2B 3B [...]
Derek Jeter is at .266/.312/.387; .314 wOBA, and is close to shattering (if he has not already done so) the all-time record for groundouts to the shortstop.
I’m obviously well aware that slumps [...]
Marcus Thames has a sprained ankle and will now miss time. I’m assuming that he will go on the Disabled List, and maybe he’ll be there by the time this is posted (being written at about quarter to ten weds. night).
So, what’s going to happen now? Presumably, Thames will be DLed and Greg Golson [...]
I’m out of creative headlines for this one. The Rays beat the Yanks 10-6, as Tampa Bay’s Wade Davis lulled the Yankees to sleep, giving up two runs over 5 2/3. A.J. Burnett was crap again, going 6 2/3 IP, putting 14 men on base and giving [...]
In case you missed it, Yankee Manager Joe Girardi announced during last night’s postgame that Jorge Posada’s MRI showed a hairline fracture in his foot, and will be out 3-4 weeks as a result. Jorge’s name will be added to the already long list of Yankee injuries that includes Nick Swisher, Nick [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees