Hesitant at first to get pulled into yet another tit-for-tat with A’s pitcher Dallas Braden, Alex Rodriguez passed on making comments about his perfect game as he entered Fenway Park this afternoon. But after getting settled in, he did offer a reaction to the talkative Mr Braden’s efforts this afternoon. Here’s his quote:
[image title="Damon gets pied" size="full" id="17601" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Over the offseason the Yankees swapped out Melky Cabrera, Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui for Curtis Granderson, Brett Gardner and Nick Johnson. As a fan of the move, I looked forward to seeing Granderson’s bat in Yankee Stadium, Gardner’s speed and defense in a lineup dominated [...]
[image title="3326253631_a31f162338" size="full" id="17588" align="center" linkto="full" ]
The Yankees brought up Kevin Russo to serve as a backup infielder yesterday, following the injuries to Nick Johnson and Robinson Cano. Cano is better, and Nick Johnson will be on the disabled list for some time. With Curtis Granderson also out, the Yankees are going to [...]
On July 5, 2008, I got lucky. My uncle had seats to the Yankees v. Red Sox game, and he invited me to join him and his son and daughter. I was excited. The seats were spectacular, on the third base side halfway between third base and home plate in the hot sun. It was [...]
This April was probably the worst month of Mark Teixeira’s career. He hit .136/.300/.259, which is comically below replacement level.
I didn’t believe that Tex would be able to earn his paycheck after his slow April last year, and I certainly didn’t think the $181 million man would earn the money this [...]
-If CC wins 19 games this year, everyone will point back to yesterday’s game where he was one pitch away from qualifying for a win. The ‘you’ve got to be kidding me” look on CC’s face said it all, and he’s not usually one to show up an umpire. We also got [...]
- Mark Teixeira hit three home runs, more than doubling his season total and giving the Yankees their first three-home-run-game since Alex Rodriguez did it against the Angels on April 26, 2005. Tex also drove in five runs, and lifted his season [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees