Scranton defeats Syracuse, 8-2
- Eduardo Nunez was 2 for 4 for the Yankees, walking twice, and raising his average on the season to .380. Nunez has faced high expectations since putting up a .313/.365/.427 line as an 18 year-old in Staten Island in 2005. Since then, he has largely underachieved, and it wasn’t until his 2009 season (.322/.340/.433 in Trenton) that he began to look like a real prospect again. With bonus baby Carmen Angelini’s struggles in low-A and Ramiro Pena’s offensive deficiencies, Nunez may be the best internal possibility as a successor to Derek Jeter. Nunez has struggled defensively in the past, making 33 errors last season in Trenton. With a strong 2010 season, Nunez could replace Pena as the Yankees’ utilityman (assuming his defense improves), and when Jeter eventually rides off into the sunset (or switches positions), Nunez may be the one with the unenviable task of replacing a legend. At 23, he still has time to improve on both sides of the ball.
Trenton defeats New Hampshire, 13-3
- 2b David Adams has gotten off to a hot start for the Thunder, going 2 for 3 tonight with his 2nd homer of the season and 3 walks, for a .388/.455/.633 line thus far. Adams has been solid but not overly impressive throughout his minor league career. As a 3rd-round pick out of UVA (and a possible supplemental-round guy prior to a subpar junior season), expectations were that the polished Adams would tear up the lower levels of the minors. This did not exactly happen, though an .816 OPS with 40 doubles is quite respectable for a middle infield prospect. If Adams’ hitting ability and power can take a step forward at AA (as it has so far) and he is able to maintain his patient approach, he could establish himself as one of the top 2nd base prospects in the minors. With Robinson Canó entrenched at that postion in the Bronx, Adams could be trade bait unless he is able to switch to another position, such as the outfield.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees