I saw very little of Friday night’s game, but was of course thrilled to be able to get a six-inning “complete” game victory from Sabathia. Additionally, nine Ks? I guess someone forgot to tell Sabathia that it’s still April.
I watched most of yesterday’s game while bed-ridden with what was probably the worst stomach ailment I’ve ever had in my entire life. I don’t know whether I got food poisoning or some sort of crazy 24-hour bug, but I woke up at 5am Saturday morning and proceeded to throw up on an hourly basis until around 2:30pm. Even after I was finally done throwing up, I was in terrible shape the rest of the day and could barely leave my room.
Thankfully I had the Yankees to cheer me up, on the strength of seven shutout innings from A.J. and more relentless offense. Also, loved seeing A-Rod finally get on the home run board. Additionally, I was wondering when the last time was that the Yankees won their first four series of the season, and thankfully RAB tells us that it was 1926(!)
The Yanks go for their first sweep of the young season this afternoon behind Andy Pettitte and his 0.75 ERA. It’s almost surreal how well the team has started out so far, and the fact that the Yankees are beating up on the best teams in the AL while still getting considerably less-than-optimal production from their 2-3-4 hitters (Nick the Walk is hitting .176/.429/.324, although I’m obviously loving that OBP; Tex’s line is an atrocious .100/.280/.125; and A-Rod is starting to get closer to where he should be, at .279/.367/.512) is just insane.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees