Over 19 spring games, former Yankee top prospect, Austin Jackson, who was used to acquire All-Star center fielder, Curtis Granderson, is hitting an impressive .356/.441/.576 with 9 walks and just 8 strikeouts. Manager Jim Leyland is particularly pleased with A-Jax’s performance this spring. “Let’s face it, we (traded) a real good player, a very popular player (for Jackson),” says Leyland. “He would have had to really show us he’s not ready, and he hasn’t shown that. He’s done very, very well. I’ve been very impressed.” Now, as I have said in the past, spring performances, whether good or bad, must be taken with a grain of salt given the limited number of at-bats. However, let’s discuss a hypothetical for the moment in view of A-Jax’s strong spring–if Curtis Granderson has a year similar to his 2009 season and if Austin Jackson delivers on his promise for Detroit, rather than for New York, would you second guess Brian Cashman’s decision to pull the trigger on that trade?
In my opinion, I think, at the time, it was the right move for the Yankees, so Cashman should not be accountable in the event of a disappointing outcome, however, I could see many Yankee fans and writers criticizing him endlessly if Jackson succeeds and Granderson scuffles.
Photo by Reuters Pictures
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees