I need to apologize to the Yankeeist readership, Yankee fans and, particularly, Larry. I’m responsible for the Yankees’ ugly loss to Joel Pineiro and the Angels. I took advantage of the flexibility of my schedule and went to see the game today.
What I forgot is that for as far back as I can remember the Bombers always lose the first game of the season that I attend. So, if you need to blame anyone, blame me; or Alex Rodriguez for striking out three times; or Mark Teixeira who is now batting .097; or Javier Vazquez, whose ERA is now 9.82, which was an improvement; but mostly blame me.
If the game looked bad on TV, it looked even worse up close and personal. The Yankees had their chances, particularly in the 8th inning, but it’s only a matter of time before a baseball team will lose with its 3-4 hitters performing this poorly. It’s actually a testament to the strength of the team that it has posted a 5-3 record with its leading RBI producer batting below the interstate.
On a personal note, it’s still obviously great to get up to the Stadium early in the season, if only to see what has become of the old stadium. Just about when the 4 train pulls above ground the debris comes to sight. It looks like a bomb went off. There’s twisted metal everywhere, and one final wall of the stadium still standing, pristine. Its like having my old memories torn apart, right next door to a lot of new, very good memories.
The Phil Hughes experiment returns tomorrow.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees