Given that Jorge Posada will be catching A.J. Burnett tonight against Boston, today, Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record offers the following piece titled, “Yankees caught in tough spot with Jorge Posada.” Now, it is a fairly standard “Posada is a poor defender” article – I actually agree that Posada’s age is [...]
Over the last two days, we’ve been fortunately inundated with baseball. Like all of you, I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. I gleefully switched back and forth between ESPN, ESPN2, and SNY yesterday afternoon before I had to go in class. While in class, I clicked back and forth between three games on MLB Gameday. [...]
Last night, we saw Joba Chamberlain pitch in the seventh and eighth innings. His velocity was not what we expected.
Riffing off of Chris’s post, I think it’s quite possible that Joba’s fastball will never sit 95 like it did before his shoulder injury in Texas. Both that injury and the apparent change in [...]
Yesterday, when asked whether or not the remarkably gritty Brett Gardner would be in left field tomorrow, at Fenway Park, with the left-handed Jon Lester on the mound, manager Joe Girardi refused to commit to any configuration in particular, noting that the team would have a lineup ready just prior to the [...]
On the new ESPN-NY website, a (unattributed) writer speculates that Girardi may opt to sit Yankee Centerfielder against Boston’s tough Lefty Jon Lester. He writes:
Granted, it was before Curtis Granderson got off to a rollicking good start as the new Yankees centerfielder Sunday night, but manager Joe Girardi [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees