Steve Lombardi was one of a handful of bloggers who answered questions from the NY Times Bats Blog about the upcoming season, and the following statement caught my eye:
Considering the ultimate price tag ($8 million for one year), it may have been the prudent move to bring Damon back for a year. But, [...]
Here’s an interesting article from Joel Sherman of the NY Post:
Unlike with the fifth starter’s job, the Yankees are comfortable going into the season without delineating a primary set-up man for Mariano Rivera.
It had been believed that if Joba Chamberlain failed to win the last rotation spot, he simply would [...]
Piggybacking off of a post yesterday by Fack Youk, I’m suggesting that the Yankees should take a look at Ryan Garko for the last bench spot. He’d obviously be taking this spot from Marcus Thames, with whom none of us seem very impressed this season. From the article:
Garko, like Thames, mashes [...]
[image title="YANKEES 6 MUNSON" size="full" id="16354" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Via Marc Carig:
Assuming that weather doesn’t change the schedule, Phil Hughes will make his first start for the Yankees on April 15 against the Angels.
But before that, Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Hughes will stay stretched out by pitching in extended [...]
Over 19 spring games, former Yankee top prospect, Austin Jackson, who was used to acquire All-Star center fielder, Curtis Granderson, is hitting an impressive .356/.441/.576 with 9 walks and just 8 strikeouts. Manager Jim Leyland is particularly pleased with A-Jax’s performance this spring. “Let’s face it, we (traded) a real good player, a [...]
I’ll admit I’m a bit unhealthily obsessed with the way the Yankees play baseball at Fenway Park, although I’m pretty sure it’s par for the course for most Yankee fanatics. Maybe it’s because every time the Yankees play the Sox at Fenway on the Saturday afternoon game on Fox [...]
In a move that has been hinted at for weeks, Yankee manager Joe Girardi let the cat out of the bag yesterday in his pregame meting with the beat writers. He said there will be an official announcement made today. Mark Feinsand of the Daily News has the details. He writes:
In a surprising bit of news for the millions of subscribers who depend on Cablevision to bring them their Yankees television broadcasts, Cablevision and the YES Network are now at odds over YES’s recently announced deal with Time Warner. The details on that deal are as follows, courtesy of Biz of Baseball:
Time Warner [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees