Raise your hand if you had Northern Iowa beating overall #1 seed Kansas in the second round, not to mention calling that clearly misranked 12-seed Cornell would become the first Ivy in more than 30 years to make it to the Sweet Sixteen. That’s what I thought.
Anyway, now that my bracket was unable to make it past the first weekend for the second straight year (thank you, Ali Farokhmanesh), it’s time to turn our attention back to baseball. Honestly, I’ve practically forgotten that spring training is still going on. I’m sure I say this every year, but it feels like it’s been underway for months, and it even started later than usual this year. With Opening Day just under two weeks away, this is arguably the most frustrating time of the year for baseball fans.
Anyway, here are a few links to get your week going:
So much for that. As I’m sure you know by now, the Twins finally locked Joe Mauer up to a long-term extension. Enticing as it may have been to envision Mauer in pinstripes, this is ultimately a good thing for baseball, especially for Minnesota and its fans. It’s good to see a mid-market franchise finally do the right thing and ensure its signature player retires in its uniform.
Steve at TYU writes that according to new YES beat reporter Jack Curry, 2010 is very likely Andy Pettitte’s final year as a Yankee.
RAB’s Joe P. debunks the idea that Tex’s low UZR makes him a poor defensive first baseman.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees