[image title="*Apr 14 - 00:05*" size="full" id="16226" align="center" linkto="full" ]
A-Rod is expected to meet with Federal investigators today to discuss his relationship with Dr. Anthony Galea. Joel Sherman chimes in with the details on what Alex is planning to tell them:
A-Rod associates say there is nothing to worry about. This is about Galea, who is dealing with drug charges in his native Canada and an FBI investigation in the States involving illegal performance enhancers.
A-Rod is expected to tell investigators he was directed to Galea by chiropractor Mark Lindsay, who was authorized to work with Rodriguez by Dr. Marc Philippon, who performed hip surgery on A-Rod on March 9, 2009.
Rodriguez, The Post has learned, will claim he received five sessions of platelet replacement therapy, which he feels greatly accelerated his healing process and enabled him to get back to the majors by early May.
Rodriguez is planning to insist he had no prior relationship with Galea and never received any illegal drugs such as HGH. Instead, just like Carlos Beltran, Jose Reyes, Tiger Woods and many other top athletes in a myriad of sports, he went to Galea because of the doctor’s reputation for the platelet replacement treatment, which is legal.
My goodness, this is shocking stuff. We had no idea until this moment that there was a legitimate connection between Galea and Lindsay, or that Galea had a reputation for another sort of treatment plan other than injecting HGH. Oh, wait, we most certainly did:
To be clear, Dr. Lindsay and Galea worked together, and Lindsay was the doctor whom the Yankees and surgeon Dr. Marc Phillipon approved to take care of A-Rod’s rehab. Furthermore, Lindsay himself is apparently not approved to write prescriptions in the US, and needed someone such as Galea to deal with anything that required a scrip. As such, the perception that A-Rod went looking in the seedy underbelly of the medical world for treatment is silly and unfounded. He almost certainly was referred to Galea by Lindsay, who was the doctor in charge of the medical treatment related to his hip. While it may have been stupid of Alex to go to a doctor that was not directly approved by the Yankees, that does not mean that he went to Galea to get HGH.
That is what I wrote two weeks ago. Unless the investigators stumble upon some evidence that Alex was given HGH, it seems fairly clear that this story is a non-issue. As Alex has stated all along, this is about somebody else that he knew who happened to have committed a crime. While Alex probably should have gone to the Yankees to get Galea approved, all he is guilty of for that failing is stupidity. Do you think Alex will get an apology from Ian O’Connor?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees