Tom Tango chimed in with an interesting thought over at The Book Blog today that I wanted to highlight:
Its interesting how little minor leaguers are paid, and how talented players, with limited drive, are weeded out. Imagine instead that minor leaguers are paid half the MLB minimum (200,000$ a year). Now, those leagues [...]
According to Ed Price, the Yankees have placed Chad Gaudin on waivers. This means that another club could claim him and take on his entire 3M dollar salary, he could clear waivers and go to AAA, or he could clear and reject the assignment and become a free agent. This move comes after Gaudin [...]
While there has been a lot of talk about who will fill the Yankees’ fifth starter role, there has been even more talk in Mets camp about who will fill just about any role. Aside from Johan Santana, the pitching staff is a bit of a question mark. And while much of the Mets’ buzz [...]
RAB is reporting that the Yankees have placed Chad Gaudin on waivers. According to the post, now a team can pick up Gaudin, or he can be cut outright from the Yankees for a fee or enter the team’s minor league system if he clears waivers.
The details aside, this move is [...]
My favorite rumor-maven is at again, with a new piece in SI detailing the Yanks desire to have Carl Crawford patrolling Left Field in Yankee Stadium when he becomes a free agent after this season. He writes:
Still, as one competing executive says, “The Yankees absolutely love Crawford.”
Joba Chamberlain and Phil Hughes were both in action today. Joba was strong in his intrasquad game. In five innings he gave up only 2 runs, and threw 48 of his 78 pitches for strikes. Phil wasn’t as good. He gave up 3 homers and 4 runs in just a bit over [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees