Pete Abe chimes with a bit of news that will likely irk some fans who want their Yankees to harbor lifelong enmity towards Red Sox players:
Kevin Youkilis mentioned on Monday that he did not start hitting until Feb. 1 — at the advice of former Yankees player Paul O’Neill.
“He told me the [...]
Kevin Kernan of the NY Post has an interesting article out in which he notes that Yankees icon, Derek Jeter, has expressed an interest in owning a baseball team one day. Of course, as soon as one hears this information, one wonders if Jeter could become a part-owner of the Yankees after he [...]
The first spring training game of 2010 is also my first spring training game of any sort. I have never before watched a spring training game because, you know, they don’t count. Then again, I’ve never been a full-time contributing member of a Yankee blog before, either. One has encouraged the other.
Here are [...]
About a week ago, using Josh Hermsmeyer’s injury database that lists player injuries from 2002 to 2008, Dan Turkenkopf of Beyond the Box Score examined the way in which wrist injuries might impact power (it seems common sensical to assume that they do, but I appreciate having some form of data to [...]
John Walsh of THT did an interesting study recently in which he looked at trends in OBP at the leadoff spot over time. What he found was a bit strange:
[image title="leadoff_obp" size="full" id="15572" align="center" linkto="full" ]
As the data shows, teams have been placing players with below average on-base skills in [...]
[image title="jesus_montero" size="full" id="15569" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Yesterday at FanGraphs, Bryan Smith discussed what we might see from Jesus Montero in his cost-controlled years. He comes to the obvious conclusion that Montero offers much more value to the team as a catcher–even a part time one–than as a designated hitter. This is really [...]
In far, far better news, Chad Jennings has the Yankees’ first lineup of 2010! Game’s at 1:05pm on YES; if you’re lucky enough to be home to watch, feel free to pipe in and let us know what’s going [...]
In today’s Daily News (TYU fave) Mark Feinsand discusses the adjustment period Nick Swisher went through last April as a Yankee, and how he and a member of the ‘old guard’ learned how to coexist and move forward. He writes:
Swisher, who had rolled the ball into the dugout [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees