With yet another major projection system not only predicting the Yankees to repeat as AL East champs, but essentially eviscerating the competition in doing so — at least, as much as one can eviscerate a division featuring three potential 90-plus game winners — it’s easy to be optimistic about the team’s fortunes in 2010. Of course, as with any projection system pretty much everything would have to fall right for the retooled, reloaded and presumably upgraded Yankees to blow past 95 wins. Still, better this than being predicted to finish in third place and out of the playoffs.
In other random baseball news, Bill Madden might be the only person in America who doesn’t know that Kenny Williams is one of the most dreadful GMs in the game, inexplicably giving the man who traded Nick Swisher for Wilson Betemit props this offseason for his acquisition of Mark Teahen and awful Juan Pierre.
Fack Youk posted an analysis of the roles John Lackey and Javier Vazquez will be playing for the Red Sox and Yankees this season.
And obviously I don’t need to sell anyone who reads this site on the awesomeness of RAB, but Ben, Joe and Mike just continue to bring it day in and day out during an excruciatingly long offseason, with high-level micro analysis on just about any and every aspect of the Yankees you can think of. One of my favorite pieces from last week was Mike’s look at Nick Johnson and his creamoloshing of fastballs, and how he should be seeing a ton of ‘em from the two-hole.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees