This is an extremely touchy subject that I have held off on posting about for a while due to its incredibly volatile and incendiary nature. That said, I think the time is ripe for some brief thoughts on the issue, and then I hope you will join me in a reasoned discussion in the comments.
While pitching coach, Dave Eiland, recently noted that he is excited for the upcoming rotation battle this spring that will feature Joba Chamberlain and Phil Hughes, in particular, with Sergio Mitre, Alfredo Aceves, and Chad Gaudin thrown in for good measure, he did state that the amount of innings a starter could provide [...]
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Braves’ interest in Johnny Damon has increased in recent days, to the point where the club has sent the 36-year old outfielder a one-year offer. Further confirming this is Mark Bowman, who notes that the proposal includes some deferred money. The organization has [...]
[image title="derek-jeter" size="full" id="14637" align="center" linkto="full" ]
From Joel Sherman:
Second, the good news for the Yanks is that Jeter is a competent shortstop again; the bad news is he is a competent shortstop again.
At age 35, he was the AL’s best all-around shortstop last year, finishing third in the MVP [...]
In case you missed it, on Sunday and Monday, I posted portions of a research paper I wrote as a junior while at UConn (14-9? Really? 14-9? Ugh.) that dealt with the Homeric tradition in contemporary American film, as well as the American cultural landmarks of the “Wild West” and baseball. After re-reading [...]
The passing of the Super Bowl is like Groundhog Day for me. You know that glorified rat isn’t going to bring warm weather, no matter what he sees. We’re stuck in the middle of February no matter how you slice it. In the case of the Super Bowl, it’s the last distraction before [...]
Some quick updates from around Baseball that Yankee fans may be interested in:
-Chien Ming Wang is fielding multiple offers, with the Nats emerging as a leading candidate
-The reason why Johnny Damon hasn’t signed a deal by now is that he’s holding out for a 2-year deal, according to Fox Sports’ John [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees