Some Baseball links to warm you up on a cold, winter’s morning.
-Rob Neyer kicks around which hats various players should wear in the Hall of Fame. Rob’s always a good read, but here’s the part that really grabbed me. Check out the 2013 list of HOF eligible players:
Piazza last played in 2007, so he’s not Hall-eligible until 2013. Also eligible in 2013: Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Craig Biggio, Curt Schilling, and Sammy Sosa. Bonds, Clemens, and Sosa all will lose some votes because of the drug questions but isn’t it possible that Piazza will, too? At least one voter has thrown out some wild accusations, and there’s no telling what else might be thrown out between now and 2013.
Baseball will be forced to face the never-ending steroids question yet again, and will have a very hard time keeping all of those players out. The ones who they can’t prove conclusively like Piazza and Biggio will likely wind up getting in. But the truth will come out eventually, making all of this an even bigger mess than it already is. Chances are, there already are a few players in the HOF who used steroids during their career. Ricky Henderson, who played on those drug-fueled A’s teams of the late 80′s/early 90′s would be one possibility, though no evidence has emerged as of yet.
-Chad Jennings compares tall Righty Andrew Brackman to Randy Johnson. The disappointing thing about Brackman is that when he was drafted, his mechanics were supposed to be smooth and clean. That turned out to not be the case. But Chad cautions patience, and will get no argument from me there. Do you know how old Randy Johnson was when he finally figured out his mechanical issues and got his walks under 100? 29 years old. That’s when he went from being a wild, frustrating pitcher who was tough to hit to becoming ‘The Big Unit’.
-Some jokes never get old. The ‘Randolph Johnstone’ retrospective was a classic, as well.
-Congrats to Mark Melancon, who was married last Saturday in Omaha’s Roseblatt Baseball Stadium. Must have been a big guest list.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees