Here are a few quick yet notable items on the day:
- Check out Frankie Piliere’s extended take on the ambidextrous prospect, Pat Venditte.
- Curtis Granderson is open to playing left field and Joe Girardi seems willing to put him there.
- According to Ken Davidoff, the A’s have actually sent Damon an offer for about $7M, but he’s not biting.
- The A’s might face competition from the Rays, who have been in “regular contact” with Scott Boras.
According to Joel Sherman, the Rays, knowing that their payroll will fall in 2011, appear willing to spend on Damon as their regular DH, even though Pat Burrell’s onerous contract remains. Sherman adds that “sources say, Damon would consider a one-year contract in the $7 million range with deferred money,” however, for the Rays to be more aggressive, his price may have to fall a bit more (to $5 million, still deferred). Adding Damon would be a great move for Tampa Bay and I think that Damon himself would enjoy it. Not only would he be playing for a contender, but he would also be staying in the AL East where he will routinely face the Yankees and can attempt to prove them wrong. for their decision to move on without him Plus, it doesn’t hurt that his home is actually in Florida.
A lineup that features Carl Crawford, Carlos Pena, Evan Longoria and Johnny Damon would be pretty impressive.
Photo by the AP
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees