[image title="1stbirthdaycake" size="full" id="14430" align="center" linkto="full" ]
One year ago today, The Yankee Universe opened its doors (we actually had a soft opening on the 24th, but the official start was the 26th), with the goal of becoming the best Yankees blog on the internet. One year and one cease-and-desist letter later, TYU is still going strong, and we would like to believe that we are on our way to achieving our goal. We would like to thank all of our readers for sticking with us, as a sports blog is only as good as the discussion it fosters. Thanks to you guys, this has become a fun and informative place to talk about the Yankees.
I would also like to give a tip of the hat to the writers of the Yankee blogosphere, for linking to us and engaging in some extremely interesting debates. In particular, the folks over at RAB were an invaluable wealth of knowledge and experience for me as I started the blog, and really helped our growth in highlighting some of our better content. Thanks so much to Ben, Mike, and Joe for that.
I would also like to thank our bevy of writers. I’ll start with our two departed writers, Anthony Gicas and Tom Gaffney, who both lent considerable expertise and a distinctive voice to the site, and will be missed. Rebecca Glass did a great job covering recaps while Eric Schultz did strong minor league work, and both will hopefully return to the site in those roles in 2010. Matt Imbrogno has been a fantastic addition, with expert handling of statistical analysis being among his many talents. Steve Shaka is our most loquacious and opinionated writer, adding a spark of debate each morning in his inimitable style.
Finally, I would like to thank the two writers who started this endeavor with me, EJ Fagan and Chris Harihar.
Working with the two of them has actually been an idea a few years in the making, as I pestered them both for two years prior to our collaboration about getting together for the type of project that eventually led to TYU. This site never would have gotten off the ground without them, and I am ever grateful for their participation. Both have brought considerable expertise to the table, with EJ being one of the foremost authorities on the Yankees farm system and Chris leading the Yankee blogosphere in constancy of quality output, and both have helped make administration of the blog a breeze. Thanks, guys, and hopefully we can keep this party going.
So to sum up, thanks to everyone who has contributed to TYU in any way over the last year. The entire endeavor, legal issues and all, has been a fantastic experience for me, and I hope that some of you feel the same way. Here’s to many more interesting, opinionated, informative years at TYU.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees