Earlier today, Moshe wrote about Bryan Hoch’s recent article detailing Kevin Long’s busy winter, as he’ll be meeting with Curtis Granderson, Nick Johnson, and an assortment of other Yankees this offseason. However, one player noticeably absent from Hoch’s report was Robinson Cano.
I had hoped Cano and Long would continue their successful winter workouts following the second baseman’s particularly productive 2009 campaign, but it appears as though the two may not be meeting. I asked Hoch about the situation and he said Cano’s agent had already requested that Long meet with Cano in the Domincan Republic, just as he did a year ago. However, and unfortunately, the agent was told that Long’s current schedule may not permit such a meeting. While this is a bit troubling, I suppose we can find solace in the fact that Cano at least tried to meet with Long, and that he has not grown disconcertingly complacent after a great season and a World Series win. The Yankees know just how beneficial Long’s last trip to the DR was for Cano, so, with any luck, the two will find time to meet again.
If they don’t, however, meet should we be worried about this or is it a non-issue?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees