We learned earlier today that the Yankees never made an offer to Jerry Hairston, Jr.. Obviously, it would seem that Mr. Hairston was not in the Yankees 2010 plans. So, what else could they be thinking for the 2010 bench?
The first option is rolling with a bigger bullpen and a smaller bench. That [...]
Most of iYankees’ readers believe that Reed Johnson, a career .313/.378/.463 hitter against southpaws, is the best right-handed outfield bat the Yankees can add this winter to bolster their current bench (especially with Jerry Hairston Jr. bound for San Diego). And, while I agree in that Johnson seems like the best platoon [...]
Here are a few quick outfield-related items on the day:
Scott Boras says that his client, Xavier Nady, will be ready for spring training. In the same FOX Sports article, we learn that the Cubs are interested in Nady. Mark Bowman thinks that the Braves may also have an interest in signing [...]
From Buster Olney:
Two things: No. 1, the NYY never made an offer to Jerry Hairston, and No. 2, there has been no recent contact between NYY and Johnny Damon.
The tidbit about Damon is to be expected, in that I doubt that the Yankees would be negotiating with Damon even if they actually [...]
[image title="dm_091028_mlb_cliff_lee" size="full" id="14265" align="center" linkto="full" ]
With the offseason slowly drawing to a close, it looks like the Yankees were in fact serious about maintaining a modicum of fiscal responsibility. However, some have suggested that Brian Chasman is just saving his bullets for next offseason, when there is a class of free agents [...]
[image title="hudson-med" size="full" id="14262" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Last season, we saw a number of players linger on the free agent market due to their status as a Type A free agent. While superstars and younger players were not drastically affected, older players and those who fill niche roles saw their value plummet far below [...]
On Friday we looked at the 2010 Yankees’ projected wOBAs through the four available projection systems, and today we’ll take a quick look at the projected starting rotation using FIP.
The usual caveats apply here with the FIP projections — some of the older projections — James [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees