The following table is a breakdown of the 2009 Yankees’ collective numbers for their starting pitching staff with regards to overall pitch selection and pitch effectiveness. The numbers are then ranked in relation to the rest of the American League. All data – pitch type and pitch type value – was provided by FanGraphs.
From Mark Bowman (MLB.com):
There’s no doubt that Damon could benefit the Braves from an offensive perspective. But unless he’s willing to essentially play for free, there’s seemingly little reason to believe he’ll be prolonging his career in Atlanta this year.
From what I can gather, the Braves would become players in [...]
[image title="derek_jeter" size="full" id="14190" align="center" linkto="full" ]
He is, according to David Schoenfield of ESPN.com. He argues that if you consider all facets of the game and weigh longevity heavily, Jeter edges out players such as Cal Ripken, Arky Vaughan, and Barry Larkin, with only Honus Wagner finishing ahead of Jeter. A few [...]
In the second part of my “Middle Ground” series, I’ll be examining the projections for new centerfielder Curtis Granderson. Last year was a down year (I use the term loosely) of sorts for Granderson. Though he hit 30 homers, his OPS as under .800 for the first time since 2006 and his batting average [...]
I apologize for being absent for the last couple of weeks. A family accident (side note, my father is actually having Tommy John surgery) and a new job ate up a lot of my time. But I’m back.
SB Nation is doing a very cool series of posts detailing what issues the various sports [...]
Stat geeks rejoice, as a fourth major projection system, TangoTiger’s Marcel, has released its 2010 numbers, joining Bill James’, which has been around since the 2009 season ended; Replacement Level’s SG’s CAIRO system; and Sean Smith’s CHONE projections.
Now that we have four systems to compare, we may [...]
In a recent piece on MLB.com, Mark Sheldon has a recap of how the Aroldis Chapman sweepstakes went down, with some interesting notes on why the Yanks passed on the 21 year old Cuban fireballer. He writes:
Once Chapman was declared a free agent by Major League [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees