I know this is a Baseball site, but I just wanted to give you guys a quick link to donate whatever you can to the American Red Cross. As I’m sure you’re aware, the situation in Haiti is dire and we’re already getting reports that the Red Cross is running [...]
[image title="*May 22 - 00:05*" size="full" id="14108" align="center" linkto="full" ]
A number of blogs have discussed Joe Girardi’s status as a lame duck manager today, with Joe Pawlikowski over at RAB comprehensively covering the subject. He concludes, and I agree, that:
…it would take not only any catastrophe, but one that could be [...]
Thanks to Nick Swisher for the title.
Quick item on Brett Gardner, the Yankees’ regular left fielder come Opening Day (as of now). According to Bill James’ speed score, which is, via David Appelman (FanGraphs), “an average of Stolen Base Percentage, Frequency of Stolen Base Attempts, Percentage of Triples, and Runs [...]
Anyway, last season, in left field, Johnny Damon’s 36-year old throwing arm was 4.2 runs below average. Damon’s negative mark was the lowest arm rating of any regular outfielder in the American League, except for… wait for it… Nick Swisher’s -4.3 grade. However, whereas Swisher’s outfield arm [...]
Both players rank in the top 30. Mussina ranks 24th and Glavine ranks 29th. What I did to further compare them was order [...]
[image title="marlins empty stadium" size="full" id="14098" align="center" linkto="full" ]
For years, Yankees fans have grumbled about clubs like the Marlins that have taken revenue sharing dollars and pocketed them, rather than investing that money into their team. Well, MLB and MLBPA have finally taken umbrage with this practice, and ordered the Marlins to spend [...]
Yesterday Mike tackled what Brett Gardner’s defense might bring to the Yankees in 2010. Given that a Johnny Damon reunion is now all-but-impossible unless ownership goes against its word that they only have $2 million left to spend, I wanted to take a quick look at how many [...]
One of the truly under reported areas of the 2010 Yanks is the lefthanded bullpen options. The unfortunate truth of the matter is that after Damaso Marte, there aren’t many. Add on top of that the fact that Marte has been hurt for most of his tenure as a Yankee and it’s [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees