Brian kind of looks like Lee Harvey Oswald, doesn’t he? Anyway, a few potential Yankee targets went off the board late last night, and some deals are close that may affect others. Here’s a recap of Wednesday’s events:
-The Rays acquired closer Rafael Soriano from the Braves in exchange for Jesse Chavez, pending medicals. Tampa will assume Soriano’s (estimated 7-8 mil) salary.
-The Texas Rangers signed Rich Harden to a one year, $7.5MM contract that includes an option for 2011.
-On the heels of the Penny and Harden deals, now Ben Sheets is seeking 12 mil per year.
-The Yanks are one of seven teams pursuing Nick Johnson, who would be a very, very intriguing possibility at DH. If he could play any LF whatsoever (only 2 career games) it becomes even more alluring.
-The Angels and Phillies have emerged as the lead horses in the race to acquire Roy Halladay. Philadelphia is said to be offering a package that will include J.A. Happ, plus either Michael Taylor or Domonic Brown. Other reports have them including Cole Hamels. Previous stories that emerged stated that Halladay wouldn’t accept a deal to the west coast AND wants to train near his home in Florida. The Angels spring training facility is located in Tempe Arizona. Sounds to me like Roy is just helping his team out by expanding the numbers of suitors, I’d put my money on a deal to Philly. Philly GM Ruben Amaro walked away from a Halladay deal last year and was a pitcher short of winning the World Series.
-The Red Sox and Texas Rangers moved closer to a deal that would exchange Mike Lowell for Max Ramirez. That would open 3B in Fenway for Adrian Beltre, who the Sox have expressed an interest in. It could also possibly open up 1B (move Youkilis to 3B) for a blockbuster deal for Adrian Gonzalez or Miguel Cabrera, though nothing has been rumored yet. Don’t underestimate Theo, he believes in being bold.
Photo courtesy of NoMaas
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees