Here’s some Yankee Baseball reading material to warm you up on a sleepy, rainy and cold winter morning:
-Dan Novick of THT looks at Yankee 1st pick of the Rule 5 draft Jaime Hoffman. As it turns out, acquiring another outfielder who can hit Lefties and field his position (aka Mike Cameron) may be superfluous, because that may very well be what Jaime brings. He took huge strides against Lefties last year and it appears to be legit. Great job by Cash if he’s right, he just saved the Yanks 7-10 mil by dumping Bruney and not needing Cammy.
-The always thoughtful and entertaining Joe Posnanski of Sports Illustrated looks at the Curtis Granderson trade and concludes the Yanks walked away the winner. Good read, although I’ve never heard Brian Cashman referred to as a “Buzzard” before. But it works, so I’m stealing it immediately.
-Mike Axisa of RAB looks at an interesting non tendered Reliever in Matt Capps. I’d be interested in checking into that elbow situation, especially a pitcher who features a slider which puts loads of strain on the elbow. MRI’s can come up clean and there still be damage, as we saw with Bruney last year. Spikes in HR/BABIP can be anomalies, or can be a result of the fact that you have absolutely nothing. But as Mike details, his upside makes him worth a shot, assuming there isn’t a market for his services. Another factor in picking up Capps is that unlike many other Relievers, as a non tender he won’t cost the team that signs him a draft pick.
-Tuesday will be a pivotal day for Aroldis Chapman, who will work out for a number of potential suitors, including the Yanks. I’m agnostic on Aroldis, I think he’s a project who’s many years away and his comments about not wanting to be a reliever are troubling, since many scouts think that’s where he’ll wind up if he ever makes the bigs.
-As we bid farewell to Chien Ming Wang, RAB commenter Alex K. walks away the winner.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees