Given that I was just talking about them this morning, it seems only fitting that Matt Holliday’s and Ben Sheets’ names popped up again today. This isn’t exactly new news, but the Cardinals have supposedly offered Holliday an eight-year, $128 million deal, which, if true, means that Holliday will remain in St. Louis. While I’ve been a supporter of a hypothetical Holliday signing, eight years is just too long, and I can’t imagine anyone stepping up and offering a longer contract.
iYankees reports that the Yankees have made it known that they are “very interested” in Sheets, which is excellent news, although Sheets appears to be in no rush to sign.
It’s sounding like my master plan of adding Holliday, Sheets and Nick Johnson is more likely to end up being Johnny Damon, Sheets and Johnson, which certainly isn’t terrible. As long it includes Nick Johnson.
UPDATED, 2:50pm: According to Buster Olney via MLB Trade Rumors, St. Louis’ offer is for five years, not eight. Olney also adds that the Yankees have no intention of bidding on Holliday, which seems crazy if the price tag has indeed dropped down to five years.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees