As you have probably noticed, The Yankee Universe is no more. Theyankeeuniverse.com will forward to theyankeeu.com for one month, and then this site will be the permanent and lasting home of this weblog, now called TYU: The Blog Formerly Known As The Yankee Universe. After several rounds of negotiations with Major League Baseball Advanced Media, we were unable to come to an amicable solution over the domain dispute that rocked the site earlier this month. Unfortunately, our limited resources and fear of litigation forced us to mostly concede to MLBAM. However, I can assure you that we did not go down without a fight, and the amazing word of mouth of the baseball blogosphere certainly riled them up a little bit: they demanded that after initial wave of bad p.r. we keep all negotiations private.
So, we would like to offer a disclaimer. TYU: The Blog Formerly Known As The Yankee Universe is in no way affiliated with the New York Yankees, MLB, MLBAM, Yankee Stadium, or Yankees Universe. And if you are dumb enough to think it is, you should probably sue us.
Although we reluctantly move to the new domain, all is not bad. We’ve been meaning to update the old site layout for awhile now. We think that theyankeeu.com is a big improvement over our first site (itself a fairly hastily put together wordpress template). Moshe Mandel definitely did the heavy lifting here, so he deserves a nice little internet round of applause. We’re still tinkering with the site design, so please let us know what you would like to see here.
On behalf of Chris, Moshe, Eric, Rebecca, Matt, Steve, and I myself, I would to thank you all for sticking with us this month and this year. In a short period of time, TYU has grown in to one of the largest Yankee blogs on the internet, and we’re not done yet. We have some innovative ideas for next season, and a few little surprises for this off season once the free agent buzz dies down. Happy New Year!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees