From Mark Feinsand (Daily News):
Halladay wants out of Toronto, but it’s unlikely that he would waive his no-trade clause to be dealt to a team unless he was able to sign a long-term extension – something only a select few teams have the resources to do, most notably the Yankees and Red [...]
About 45 minutes ago, it was announced that Derek Jeter and Mark Teixeira have both won the American League’s 2009 Silver Slugger Award at their respective positions (read about all the winners here). The pinstriped duo also took home Gold Glove Awards earlier in the week. That World Series title is probably a [...]
On the heels of Larry’s excellent analysis of the 2009 Yankees pitching staff, I want to double down on my earlier recommendation that the Yankees sign John Lackey, immediately. (Quick tangent here, after reading Larry’s piece, ask yourself, did you ever see this team doing what it did? Yeah, me too, but [...]
From Chad Jennings:
For the most part, general manager Brian Cashman has left all of next year’s questions unanswered until the organizaton’s internal meetings take place, but this afternoon he gave his opinion on Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain.
“I look at them as starters that can relieve,” he said. “But I look [...]
The Yankees’ most glaring hole after the 2008 season — non-first baseman division — was the lack of reliable starting pitching. While the 2008 bullpen was one of the best in the American League, Yankee fans were subjected to a seemingly endless number of starts from retreads like Darrel Rasner [...]
-Newsday’s Ken Davidoff reports that the Yanks don’t plan to extend Joe Girardi’s contract heading into the final year of his deal and coming off a World Series championship. In other breaking news, water is wet. The Yanks have rarely extended anyone over the past 20 years, player or manager. They have let such [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees