Cliff Lee is damn good at baseball. So is Chase Utley. On a night when Lee appeared to have less than pinpoint control, he still mostly stifled the Yankee bats for the second time in the World Series, leading the Phillies to an 8-6 victory and narrowing the Yankees’ [...]
Due to Melky Cabrera’s hamstring injury, Brett Gardner will be in center for the Yankees in Game 5. Melky is not expected to return for the rest of the series, therefore, the Yankees will replace his roster spot with Ramiro Pena (the MLB has approved of the change).
I really do not have time today to go into this, but Mike Francesa has forced my hand by convincing every human being I know outside of the Yankee blogosphere that Chad Gaudin should be starting tonight. Here are the relevant data points:
1) Chad Gaudin has thrown 2.1 innings since Sept. 28.
Last night’s game was weird, wonderful, and weird, punctuated by Johnny Damon stealing two bases on one play in the bottom of the 9th inning of a tie game with two outs. I had no idea what Damon was doing when he stole third, and my heart almost stopped.
Early on I began texting [...]
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News is reporting that Melky Cabrera, who was removed from the game in the 6th inning with a hamstring injury, may not play in Game 5. He would likely be replaced by either Brett Gardner or Jerry Hairston. If Melky is unable to play for the rest of the [...]
-That Johnny Damon play will go down in World Series history as one of the great, heads up plays in Yankee playoff history and will be trivia question (what Yankee stole two bases on 1 pitch in the 2009 world Series?) forever. Don’t forget the situation at the time. The Yanks were [...]
Tonight’s nerve-wracking and heart-attack-inducing game can be summed up by a description of the ninth inning, shamelessly stolen from my other blog:
After blowing a one-run lead in the eighth, the Yankees came to bat in the ninth inning against the Phillies’ enigmatic Brad Lidge. It went something like this:
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees