Prior to the season, the writers here at TYU collaborated on a predictions post that you can find in the toolbar at the top of the page. Being that we would probably point out the poor predictions made by MSM writers, it is only fair that we go back and look at our own follies. [...]
While adding Matt Holliday to the Yankees lineup has its fair share of detractors and supporters, from Anthony McCarron, we learn that the organization could have added Holliday to the team 10 years ago via the ’98 draft. According to McCarron, “Holliday could have been a Yankee out of high school,” [...]
In what has already been a banner year for Derek Jeter, the New York Yankees shortstop can add another honor: Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year award. Jeter was chosen as the magazine’s 56th honoree (the Dec. 7 issue will hit newsstands on Wednesday) and becomes the first Yankee to be named [...]
Every Yankee fan knows that the Angels have beaten up on the Bombers more than any other team in the last decade. In fact, they were the only team with a winning record against the Yankees during the Joe Torre era.
It’s not just that they had the Yankees’ number until the 2009 ALCS [...]
Ben Reiter of Sports Illustrated takes a look at this years crop of free agents and ranks them in terms of desirability and best fit. Four current Yankees show up on his list, as well as two prospective new Yankees. Here’s the Yankee related fits as he sees it:
#1 John Lackey
Here’s some reading material for a quiet holiday weekend Sunday morning
-Tremendous Yankee video retrospective covering everything from 1903 to 2008. About 8 1/2 minutes long, and worth every second. It’s incredible just how many great moments this franchise has had. (h/t to Zell’s Pinstripe Blog for the link)
Things have been, as expected, relatively quiet in Yankeeland the last few days, other than the completely unsurprising news that Roy Halladay would be open to a trade to the Yanks (Wow Roy, you’d be willing to accept a trade to the defending World Champions? Way to go out [...]
UPDATE-There have been multiple reports of the Marlins backtracking from yesterday’s John Perotto Tweet that they were “very willing” to deal the star Right hander. First came John Frisaro’s Tweet (see below) from last night, then Buster Onley’s story this morning saying he spoke to multiple GMs and nobody confirmed the story.
There’s a bunch of Tweets and stories from Jordan Bastian of MLB.com that shed some light on what the Blue Jays will likely be looking for in a prospective Halladay deal. First, he has a story up on MLB.com saying that the Blue Jays are likely to lose Catcher Rod Barajas [...]
Bob Elliot of the Canadian Slam Sports site is reporting that Roy Halladay has pre-approved a deal to the Bronx, while ruling out some other locales. He reports-
“I don’t know who Toronto will wind up with,” a major league executive said Friday. “I don’t know when he is going and I don’t know [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees