If CC Sabathia was going to have a clunker of a start — something that we really haven’t seen since his last outing in Tampa on July 28, when he gave up 5 runs through 5 2/3 — better last night than this coming Wednesday.
The only really unfortunate aspect of this otherwise meaningless 13-4 loss was that Sabathia saw his ERA rise from 3.21 to 3.37 (while 20 games would have been kind of cool, I’m not too bent out of shape about it), and I have to figure 3.21 would’ve been the lowest single-season ERA for a Yankee starter in quite some time. I thought 3.37 might have set some kind of team mark in recent years, but it turns out that’s the exact same ERA Mike Mussina finished with last year.
The Yankees did manage to tie the franchise’s single-season mark for home runs, with Juan Miranda belting his first career bomb for the team’s 242nd of the year.
Interestingly enough, even if the Yankees lose the remaining two games of this series, they will have secured a .500 or better record against every team in the AL, with their only sub-.500 marks coming against three quadruple A opponents: The Phillies (1-2), the Marlins (1-2) and the Nationals (1-2).
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees